Wednesday, March 2, 2011

There's hope for me yet!

Hello my followers! (Followers... such a weird word for blogger to use... why not stalkers? hehe) How was your hump day? Mine was loooong. I'll spare you the details. Speaking of details, that's my first thing to look at for my story. Everyone is telling me that I don't show enough. I went back through and realized... two of my characters don't have any physical description! (Yes, I had a small freak out attack over this but I'm better) So now I'm putting more show in my work and worrying it's too much. Oh well, it's easier to delete than to add. 
In other news, I've been researching agents! I've found about ten so far that look like they could suit my needs. At first, I was a bit hesitant on my ability to get an agent at my age, but, thanks to a wonderful agent, Tina Wexler, on Inkpop, I'm in the search again. She says:
"I think everyone has asked me about age, and if it matters, so let me answer now.  
I mean it when I say that the age of the author does not matter.  
Agents and editors want great stories. Period.
: ) "
With a nice smiley face too! So now I'm back on the search to find the perfect agent and write the perfect query letter. Right now, I'm at the first step. What's the second step? Sending my first letter. Even if its a rejection, I'm still going to throw a party! Why? Because I made it to the third step: getting a response! Yay for optimism! Bye for now!


Peace&<3,
Angela


Editing Status
Words: 61,904
Chapters Edited: 3/24

No comments:

Post a Comment