Saturday, March 5, 2011

I'm entering contests now

Hello! So I saw this contest on Inkpop that I figured I should join because I needed to get some credentials and a contest sound fun. Sadly, at that time, I had zero inspiration. Then a peculiar thing happened. I opened up my blinds and saw a lamppost. Then suddenly, BAM I had a story. So here it is!

Shattered
By Angela T. Marie

I opened my blinds to see he was standing at the lamppost. Just like I asked him. The orange light revealed his silhouette looking towards my house. It was nearing midnight so I knew everyone was asleep. I slipped on some shoes and tiptoed down the steps and out the door. As I walked across the street to him, I thought of the first words that he would say when I got there. He'd probably comment sarcastically on my robe or make a joke about my choice of a meeting place.  He really wasn’t much of a romantic.


When I meet his gaze, I wasn't expecting him to look lovingly at me the way he did. I also wasn't ready for the amorous embrace he immediately pulled me into. No words just actions. His smell enveloped me and I relaxed in his warm arms. He slowly pulled me away and stroked my cheek. The whole world around me seemed to blur as we made our way back to my house. I entered a new realm of being when I pulled him into my room. I closed the door and he pulled me closer, kissing me in a way that showed love, not lust.

This much emotion from him was almost impossible for me to perceive. When he asked me to get together I thought I knew exactly what he meant. I thought it would be for one night only and then done. I hadn’t planned it to affect me in the least bit. I wanted him and he wanted me. That much was true. There didn’t look to be anymore until tonight. The way he touched me tonight, I felt like we could stay in this delusion of love forever. I felt we might never leave the realm of being we had entered. That was until a simple call broke the illusion.

"That's her," he said speaking for the first time tonight. I nodded and he answered the call. The illusion was shattered. The realm was broken. In the real world, he had a girlfriend. In the real world, I wasn't "her". In the real world, that girlfriend was my best friend.

So what do you think? I really need a critique before I submit it. The characters are meant to be faceless by the by. I like to make my short stories open to the imagination. Plus if I go into detail it usually turns into a novel heh. Bye for now!

Peace&<3,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment