Monday, February 28, 2011

"Merkiss" Preview!!!!


Andrew:
 
The water feels different here. I can’t put my finger on it. Of course, it’s more polluted but there’s something else. Or maybe it’s just me.
I was sent to find my brother and kill him for abandoning our society. With all the death I had seen over the years, I never was ordered to kill my own blood. My father himself said it. It was the first time he talked of my brother since he ran away many moons ago.
Yes, it’s just me. I’ve never gone on a trip with this much on my mind. I’ve also never disobeyed orders. Though, I find looking for my long lost human friend much more cheerful than killing my brother. He was probably already dead anyway.
There doesn’t seem to be any abandon beaches in this place. Everywhere I look, there are humans. This must be one of those heavily populated places I’ve heard about. How will I get on land without being seen. The humans are very bothered by bare skin. I’ll have to find clothing. I could always take some. I swim some more without finding an empty spot. What was this place? Florida looked like it was infested with every human on the planet. The poor sea life didn’t know what to do. These waters are disturbed. I can see why my kind doesn’t like the humans. With the dying calls of the sea filling my head, I can see why some of my people wish every human dead.
The night approaches and I finally find a calm spot that seems hidden. I rest for the night.

And there you have it readers! The first sneak peek of "Merkiss". This is Andrew's chapter. He's very internal whereas Evangeline is more external(opposites attract right?). This is my first time writing first person with a guy character. What do you think? Does he sound like a guy? This will be the first of many sneak peeks that I'll post on here. If you want to be notified for when I reveal the project on inkpop just comment with your username and I'll add you to the list. For now, I need to prepare for an intense month of editing. TTFN!

Peace&<3,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment