Sunday, February 20, 2011

Let's Preview!

“Olivia, I know,” she said in a low voice.
I know about Misty.
“It’s not your fault. You didn’t mean to,” she continued, “You just weren’t in control and you didn’t know what you were doing. You didn’t kill her. You only damaged her. Maybe a life like what she has now will be good for her. I heard her parents have been trying for another kid since she was little and never got one. Now they have a baby forever.”
As Sam rambled on and on, tears began to run down my face. She didn’t understand. You pain, the guilt, the fear. This curse was taking over me and I couldn’t stop it.

“I could hurt more people. I can’t control it sometimes. My mind just stops being sensible and imagines terrible things. It’s like a monster in the back of my head telling me what to do,” I explained. My voice was raspy and dark.

Sam looked up and frowned. “The voices.”

“I feel like one of these days there actually will be voices. I already know I’m insane but what if my mind goes completely dark and I loose all my emotion? I don’t want to be insane,” I whispered.

“You’re not insane, Olivia. You’re just scared,” she said.

She was right. Fear was driving me these days. Fear of what I am and fear of what I could become.

I wiped my face. “How could I not be scared? I’m seriously all alone.”

“You did that to yourself, Olivia. You pushed everyone away. I would have left too if I didn’t see Misty at the grocery with her mom before the trip started,” she said.

“No! You don’t understand!” I yelled, “I’m the only one! I’m one of a kind.”

Sam tilted her head in confusion. “What do you mean?”

“There isn’t anyone here with me explaining what is happening and why it’s happening. I wake up everyday feeling weird and wonder why. I don’t have anybody I can talk to about that. I can’t talk to people about why people’s thoughts are in my head or why I can hear yours better than anybody’s. I’m just guessing. There’s not real answer, no rule. All my questions remain unanswered. I am alone!” I yelled.

Her face showed understanding and her mouth formed an O. I felt myself cry harder in realization too. I was alone. No one could sympathize with me. No one had the issues I had.

Well, hi! It's me again. I finish editing my quota for Inkpop! So guess what? Now you can read fifteen chapters of my book, I Know How You Feel, free of charge! It's like reading Midnight Sun except for I won't get mad and stop writing it because all my readers got a preview. (Wow I've been making too many Twilight references these past few days >.<). Please feel free to comment on this blog post... or on Inkpop, if your a member, and tell me what you think. Did you love it? Did you hate it? Do you want to throw Olivia in a hole? (I've had those feelings every once in awhile so I wouldn't blame you.) Also, could you see it on a shelf at your local book store? Would you buy it? Sorry, too many questions! ^^'
Anywho, I hope you enjoyed the little sneak peek and that you'll read more on Inkpop. And if not, no hard feelings! I'm just happy you're reading my blog :D

Peace&<3,
Angela

2 comments:

  1. I like what you have here, sounds really good!
    I'll check it out on inkpop sometime!

    ReplyDelete