Friday, December 2, 2011

I SURVIVED!

They really need the t-shirt to say "I survived NaNoWriMo!" because it's one heck of a rollercoaster.

Hello my dear readers! It is I, Angela. I've made it through the belly of the beast and have come out with VICTORY... sorta.

Good news: I have finished the first two novels in new series! Here & Here are the covers for those. IT's my handiwork so it's not the best but hopefully they'll peak your interest. This is a dark supernatural romance series that I've been working on for a awhile now. I plan on having four books and hopefully interesting an agent with them.

Bad news: Even so I only had written 45k and had to add 5k from previous writings that I didn't write in November.

In short, I cheated. Which is why you will not see the lovely icon of victory on this website. I still do feel like I won but I really want to write a fifty thousand word novel in a month. Eventually!

So now I'm taking a month off and celebrating the rest of my holidays with my family instead of sitting behind a computer cursing my slow typing. Yes it will be very hard not to give into the temptations of shredding my novels to pieces and putting them back together in a hopefully better way but I'm certain my hands will fall off (or I'll at least get carpel tunnel) if I continue another month into NaNoFinNo. Plus I will be following the advice of many people about letting your piece sit awhile before coming back to it.

Speaking of Holidays, how was your Thanksgiving? Mine was particularly splendid minus the stress of NaNo. Although I didn't stuff my face with turkey. (I'm not a big fan of the feathery meats) I'd love to hear about your family traditions!

Peace&<3,

Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment